Leg of Lamb
At Karreekloof Safari Lodge the cuisine we prefer is Lamb Leg. It’s a true Karoo traditional recipe and we only make use of the finest lamb.
Recipe: Servings 6-8 persons
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4lbs leg of lamb (trimmed, boned, rolled and tied)
- mint jelly (optional)
- Combine mustard, garlic, rosemary, and pepper.
- Rub all over the leg of lamb (lamb may be covered and refrigerated to marinate up to 24 hours before roasting).
- Place roast in foil-lined roasting pan.
- (Insert Meat Thermometer into thickest part of the roast). (The desired temperature for medium well done is 150°.)
- In preheated 400° ovens, roast for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes for a 4-pound medium well-done roast. If the well-done roast is desired, cook longer to your desired doneness.
- Remove roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mint jelly if desired.